Friday, January 2, 2015

Reading increases in proportion
to inclement weather conditions

Lord forgive me, but this article in the New York Times about Nevada Senator John Ensign’s political fall from grace was fascinating. Remember boys and girls, if you play with fire long enough, you eventually get burned…

USA Today describes Obamacare fallout:’"How did we get to this crazy life?" asks Jacobs, 54. "We're struggling to pay our bills like we were struggling when we first got started."’

I admit that I have skipped going to the doctor and not followed suggested protocols for certain checkups because of high out-of-pocket expenses. Last time in the emergency room, the out-of-pocket costs were $2,300 and the doctor spent less the 5 minutes in the room to prescribe medication. Nothing except a consultation and prescription.

Sadly, I now go to cash pay ERs.  Their total bill is cheaper than my deductible, much less the other out-of pocket expenses that I’m billed for at conventional hospitals and clinics.

Maybe I can to hire a consultant that can show me how to qualify for Medicaid while taking a sabbatical from work. It may be the only way to afford all the tests Blue Cross - Blue Shield have suggested I take.

Don’t worry, the billing department at your healthcare  provider will educate you too as to the latest high costs of medical treatment. It comes with age or sickness… it’s the  new and improved Obamacare difference.

No comments: