Wednesday, December 9, 2009

This one's gonna hurt...

Captains log: Star date 12.08.2009 ~ 16:30 hours

For the second time in a week, I've had a company call, telling me I'm 2 months behind on a payment. Both times their records were wrong and both times my checks had already cleared the bank.

It looks like those big bankers have cut back on their data entry workers and the jobs aren't getting done.

Tuesday afternoon, a lady from a large mortgage company called me at work about my house payment being late. She wanted to know if I was prepared to pay her over the phone. I asked her if she could stay on the line while I checked on the status.

I was very angry! So I called my billpayer, Mrs. Crane, and asked, not so nicely, if she made the payment. She verified the date & check #. I called the bank, verified the amount, check # and the date it cleared. All this time, the debt collector listening to every unkind thing that came out of my mouth.

Now I was livid...so damn mad I had to get up and walk around with the phone. After I told this bill collecting cow my check had cleared over 2 weeks ago, she had an "ah ha!" moment. She said there must be a problem in the company for that to happen; which I laughingly agreed. But I wasn't quite finished...

I asked her why she would call me up at my work and ask me for money I had already paid! She repeated that her company has a problem. I told her that I now have a very serious problem; that this episode had stirred up a bunch of shit between Mrs. Crane and I. So I decided to cut my losses there and simply asked the lady that "her POS company never call me at work again".

Moral of the story: ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS give the benefit of the doubt to your spouse! Damn, I don't want to go home now...

8 comments:

jarale said...

Never to old to learn something about being married, ehh?

Mango's Madness said...

Good Luck my friend! Think Roses and a nice supper. When we doubt their judgement, we should remember that they picked us.

Mango

Gator said...

Same thing happened to me and hubby. He was livid and I was adamant that the payment was made. After I provided proof from the bank it went though, he couldn't say a thing but I was still fuming when he got home. Before he said a word he handed me an envelope with "I'm sorry and I love you" written on it and inside was a gift certificate for a spa day. It worked and all was forgiven. Maybe it will work for you too?

Anonymous said...

You should make sure to hide all the golf clubs!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope it wasnt W*lls F*rgo...they had my stuff so FU it was amazing..good luck and kissing her ass as always helped me out...may I also suggest to meet a bunch of buddies after work and come home drunk then turn on espn classic...works everytime..let me know how it goes...

Anonymous said...

Denny, I really thought you were smarter than that?

Anonymous said...

never apoligize..it's a sign of weakness in the man species

Anonymous said...

3:57, how many times have you been married?