Thursday, August 19, 2010

I have always wanted to...


I finally realized yesterday that my keyboard had become quite unsightly. If I noticed it, there's no telling how long it had been that way. So, I took a wet washrag and washed it really good and clean.

Unfortunately, the “T” key did not survive the process. I even popped the key off and worked with it for a few minutes.

After considering the price of a new keyboard in relation to my time and serenity, I gently unplugged it and slung it violently into the hallway where it bounced around and made great noise. Proudly, I smiled and announced, “I have always wanted to do that”.

Then I went and picked up the keyboard and considered slamming it across the back of a chair in the lobby. I looked at my assistant before performing this obstinate act when she stated, “It will probably break the chair.”

I realized she was probably right, so I quietly put it in the trash. Cheerily I went back into my office and plugged in a brand new, perfectly clean, sixteen dollar Microsoft keyboard and typed the “t” that helped create the entire escapade.

For some odd reason, no one came into my office the rest of the day. They chose to use the intercom instead…

The moral of this story: A $16 keyboard is a small price to pay for peace of mind and not being bothered at work. Good times!

3 comments:

Silicone Alley said...

hehehe. Should of saved it for me. I want to throw it too.

aroundthecorner said...

I had the same issue with a weedeater. Slung it across the front yard, where it layed for a week till spouse picked it up. I immediately left for Wallyworld to purchase another.

WW

Jarhead™ said...

Breaking shit that pisses me off always makes me feel better.

Stupid inanimate objects.