Sunday, April 26, 2009

Gay Rights, Gay Tolerance and My Christian Faith

My op-ed on the previous post

First, let me clear the air as to my posture on gay people, gay rights and bringing America into the gay fold. I do not hate gay, bisexual or transgendered individuals. If anything, I have defended their right to that lifestyle, but I don’t believe they should have more civil rights in America than me. Although, I do not approve of their lifestyle, I have never publically condemned them. It is not my place to judge them since I am not free from sin.

I believe the Holy Bible. Therefore, I believe homosexual acts are a sin, just as other sin. I believe God forgives all sin, when one earnestly seeks God’s forgiveness through the blood of Jesus Christ. I believe there are Christians that commit homosexual acts. What I’m not sure about are those individuals who exhibit more pride in their homosexuality than their Christianity.

I may love you as my neighbor and tolerate your actions, but do rest assured, I am not a doormat! I do not tolerate the actions of Perez Hilton when he attacks the Christian beliefs of a very courageous young lady who stands up for her convictions. It makes me very angry when certain individuals and groups feel they are entitled to special treatment and everyone’s approval.

You respect my rights and beliefs and I will respect yours. Don’t condemn my Christian beliefs and expect me to tolerate your hate. Don’t expect me to be tolerant when you push your lifestyle on my children in our schools. Don’t expect me to like it when you want them taught that homosexuality is a normal lifestyle in our society. Don’t expect me not to stand up for my beliefs, the same as you.

I’ll be the first to admit that Christians are not perfect. BUT… Christians condemn Middle Eastern countries for executing homosexuals for their lifestyle. Christians are one of the groups most tolerant of your lifestyle. Christians penned the US Constitution, which gives you your freedom. Christians went to war to free slaves. Throughout history and even today, Christians are being executed for their beliefs.

You and Congress want to label Christians “radical extremists”, go ahead, we’ve been called worse. You want to change the faith and beliefs of me and my family, be careful. Don’t for one minute think that when you attack us, we won’t defend ourselves!

You, my gay brothers and sisters, are entitled to nothing, except your beliefs ~ same as me. You want my respect, earn it. You want my toleration, be tolerant. You want my support, be supportive. You want me to fear your wrath, I will not; I fear God above any man…


Denney Crane

.

1 comment:

LandShark 5150 said...

I agree 100% with you DC. I have head several friends whom have happened to be gay -- I don't care. They are still my friends.I have a work mate that has contracted AIDS and he and the company have decided it is in the best interest to keep this underwraps. My friend and I have spoken of this and I explained that my concern with that is that we work outside construction. Injuries are not outside the norm. We handle very razor-sharp layers of metal.Cuts are the norm.And we are always there to help one another. You can see me concern. I expressed that keeping this info hidden is putting everyone in jeopardy. I won't stop coming to his or anyone else's side to help witha injury -- I will just take more precaution with that knowledge. I don't know anyone that would'nt help. With all that being said DC, what I mean is simply that what one does in their life is not for me to judge. God made us all in his image and his wisdom is greater than mine.I do not want my path of life to be infringed upon as much as the next guys nor will I infringe upon those who chose their paths. I don't understand why more gay people are not conservative. Cause me veiw of conservatism is that simple -- you and your life is your business not mine and mine is not your business, both should not infringe upon the others rights. If my life style cost you by means of a tax to pay for my way of life then I have stepped on your right to be free of me. Good and thoughtful post Denny