1. ”There are limits to free speech.
2. “Hate speech is not free speech.”
3. “We must balance freedom of speech with other issues.”
4. ”The most stingent protection of free speech would not protect a man falsely shouting fire in a theater and causing a panic.” Oliver Wendall Holmes, Jr.
5. ”Maybe this speech is protected now…but the law is always changing.”
~ My opinion of not allowing cameras at White House press conferences is a good idea. The best way not to look stupid in the eyes of the world is to restrict photos and videos. Of course, there are many other forums that can create a similar perception.
~ Does anyone remember when liberal websites ridiculed Otto Warmbier for getting what he deserved after going to North Korea? A bad memory is quite convenient.
~ Something I read in the NY Times that got my attention: 'The greatest threat to technology jobs is technology'...What a paradox.
~ Time to buy a few oil stocks while the price is down. When the bombs start flying again in a month or two, I expect a 20 percent profit...
~ Mrs. Crane has finally convinced me to take a trip on the Heartland Flyer with grandchildren. I am going over my survival gear, wish me luck...