Friday, January 11, 2013

My new hero is a
15 year old with an AR 15!

HOUSTON – The teenage son of a Harris County Precinct 1 deputy shot a home intruder Tuesday afternoon in the 2600 block of Royal Place in northwest Harris County, deputies said.

 
The 15-year-old boy and his 12-year-old sister had been home alone in the Mount Royal Village subdivision when around 2:30 p.m. a pair of burglars tried the front and back doors, then broke a back window. 


The teenager grabbed his father's assault rifle and knew what to do with it. 

“We don't try to hide things from our children in law enforcement,” Lt. Jeffrey Stauber said. 
“That young boy was protecting his sister. He was in fear for his life and her life.”  
The home invaders fled, leaving a trail of blood. KHOU.com (Link updated!!!)
~ ~ ~ 

It will be impossible for gun control promoters to admit that a teenager used an assault rifle to protect himself and his little sister. They will probably label him a "racist" or "monster" or just dismiss the incident and return to agenda as usual.
Since the main stream media won't pick this up, it shouldn't be much of a distraction for their cause. 
The problem with having an honest, open debate is that we don't hear how many people are saved using a firearm for protection.  If they did, I fear the numbers would favor leaving the weapons in place...  DC

4 comments:

SpanishWarDonkey said...

Could you perhaps find the link again, DC? It says this one is invalid and I would very much like to share.

el chupacabra said...

I guess I'll have to suffer a rape and robbery at the hands of the bad guys. I have been diligently searching for one of those weapons of mass destruction. The best I could do is I'm now on a waiting list- a 5 WEEK (if I'm lucky) waiting list and I'll pay just nearly twice as much as I would have a couple of months ago.
As John Wayne once said, "That is rid got dangdiculous."

Jeffrey said...

I'd like to have one as well, however expensive and impractical at this juncture. I say that because I am already well-armed at home. The thing is, one of those is intended more for militia purposes and I realized if the SHTF I will be able to pick one up straight off the battlefield for free. Get a hand cannon and a pistola to protect the home.

Just two cents' worth.

SpanishWarDonkey said...

I had wanted to wait until Feb-March to purchase one (just took the girlfriend on a cruise) but with the events of last month, I went out the following Wednesday and made my purchase. Paid $1400 all together once you include all of the aftermarket parts I added (TONS of fun BTW; seeing the modularity and how the gun works). The guns are easily found at shows as I attended one this weekend, but you'll be looking at $1800-2200 now. The problem is ammo and magazines. I was able to purchase 480 rounds of reloaded brass for 50¢/rd. To put that in perspective, I bought 1000 rounds of new ammo online for about $400, shipped, back in November. EVERYONE is sold out. Your best bet is to get to an Academy or Gander Mountain right when they open. The one where I live gets trucks on Monday and Wed-Fri. The magazines are coming back in stock online here and there, but most places are back ordered until the summer and some I've seen as far as October.