Here's an old saying that seems to apply:
"Creative minds are rarely tidy".
I've used that often to explain my desk/workspace. Although, a picture is worth a thousand words!
There is nothing so comfortable as money, - but nothing so defiling if it be come by unworthily; nothing so comfortable, but nothing so noxious if the mind be allowed to dwell upon it constantly. If a man have enough, let him spend it freely. If he wants it, let him earn it honestly.
Air Force General: Mr. President, we have just invented an invisibility cloaking device for Air Force One.
President: No way!
General: That's right, sir. The plane will be invisible. Will you be going along on its maiden flight?
President: Wouldn't miss it for the world!
General: Have a good trip, sir.
The address book in smartphones — where some of the user’s most personal data is carried — is free for app developers to take at will, often without the phone owner’s knowledge.
Companies that make many of the most popular smartphone apps for Apple and Android devices — Twitter, Foursquare and Instagram among them — routinely gather the information in personal address books on the phone and in some cases store it on their own computers. New York Times
I was painfully made aware of this invasion of my privacy many months ago, so I went in and deleted my address book that Facebook had taken without my knowledge.
After I read the above article, I went back to Facebook to check and make sure they didn't import them back in after I deleted them the first time. To my amazement, my Facebook phone app reimported them, probably after one of the many Facebook "updates" to my iphone.
Finding out whether Facebook has your address book is no simple task! They make it very difficult for the average user to locate this information. If you want to know if Facebook has your address book/contact information, feel free to click on this link to see if you're an unwilling participant.
Remember that every time you update your Facebook app on your iphone or Android you will probably have to go back and manually remove it. Sneaky sonsabitches!
Leave it to Vice President Biden to give a straight-talking toast to China's vice president, and likely future leader, Xi Jinping. “As Americans, we welcome competition,” Biden said during a State Department lunch. “But cooperation, as you and I have spoken about, can only be mutually beneficial if the game is fair. ” Daily Beast
I truly believe Joe Biden is the most stupid son of a bitch in Washington. How can America ask China to play fair when we set the example of being the most ruthlessly aggressive nation on earth? Unfortunately, he would never have to asked them to play fair unless we were in a position of weakness...DC
Johnson & Johnson may have recalled faulty hip implants in the U.S., but they weren't about to let them go to waste. The company sold the implants overseas after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration rejected them in the United States. Daily Beast
And you wonder why other countries sell us damaged goods? Because we have been doing it to them for years and have set the example. If this isn't proof positive that profit comes before the quality of human life, then you need to buy one of these implants for your mother and save some money!DC
"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to selfishness;
From selfishness to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage"
Yea, I know it's old, but I still like it...
Shooting advice from various concealed carry instructors. If you own a gun, you will appreciate this. If not, you will probably never understand.
The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.
You may not be able to save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.
Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it'll be empty.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?
You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language.
Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arms length.
Never say "I’ve got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they should hear is the safety clicking off.
The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win! ~ ...cheat if necessary!
In a gun fight:
If you're not shooting, you should be loading.
If you're not loading, you should be moving,
If you're not moving, you're dead.
In a life and death situation, do something . . . It may be wrong, but do something!
Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians.
Its always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
I didn't know our current President was the first to do so many things. I guess that's what leadership is all about. He is the:
· First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
· First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.
· First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States
· First President to violate the War Powers Act. .
· First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico .
· First President to defy a Federal Judge's court order to cease implementing the Health Care Reform Law.
· First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.
· First President to spend a trillion dollars on 'shovel-ready' jobs when there was no such thing as 'shovel-ready' jobs.
· First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
· First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat. .
· First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.
· First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
· First President to terminate America ’s ability to put a man in space.
· First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
· First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
· First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke-out on the reasons for their rate increases.
· First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state it is allowed to locate a factory.
· First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).
· First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.
· First President to fire an inspector general of Ameri-corps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
· First President to appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his office. .
· First President to golf 73 separate times in his first two and a half years in office, 90 to date.
· First President to hide his medical, educational and travel records.
· First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.
· First President to go on multiple global 'apology tours'.
· First President to go on 17 lavish vacations, including date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends; paid for by the taxpayer.
· First President to have 22 personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.
· First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense.
· First President to repeat the Holy Qur’an tells us the early morning call of the Azan (Islamic call to worship) is the most beautiful sound on earth.
· First President to take a 17 day vacation.
h/t the Gaspasser