Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Captains log: Star date 8.18.09

Today was a whirlwind! It started out slow and then tapered off! Amid the shitstorm my latest rant created, (hits are going through the roof for this small time blogger) the very hot, very sexy, very intelligent and very beautifully pregnant Megyn Kelly invited me to be her friend on Facebook.

What a way to start a day! Please forgive me Megyn for using your name in the same sentence as a vulgar word, you deserve a queen's thrown! I get out of bed with you every morning and have coffee... woooof!

ANYWAY, I was told that the Liberally Lean Blogging Deity had commented on my rant, so I clicked over to his page, as I do at least twice a day, to see what was going on. To my surprise, there were actually people commenting on the post that were defending me... DAAAAAAAAANG! Who would have thunk it? LOL

One would think that those 2 events alone would constitute a great day. My world began to unravel when I received a call from my banker wanting several thousand dollars not to bounce a few of Mrs. Crane's checks; not a pleasant episode. After spending an hour clearing that up, and missing an important meeting, my assistant came in and let me know that the company checking account was overdrawn. This my friends, was not the answer I was looking for! Do you ever get upset that you can't pay your bills until others pay you?

As I sit here on my balcony with my cigar and glass of scotch, waiting to see if Alan is going to sleepover, I am torn between the love of my life, Shirley Schmidt and the georgously vibrant Megyn. Shirley, please forgive me, I just can't help it!

4 comments:

LandShark 5150 said...

Bottom of the ninth, 3 on, 2 outs and the 3-2 pitch low and inside -- swing... and it's out of here. BIG BAT, I say.
DC, maybe next time you can make a rap that uses a over-indulgence of the word "Socca" and it will be accepted by, code word, the "haters".
But as a GREAT MAN said, "I could be wrong".sharky

Anonymous said...

Life. Is. Good.
DCB

Anonymous said...

Karma's a biatch, ain't it, DC?

Gracious One said...

Wow Mrs. Kelley uh? She is pregnant? Never really noticed that before.