Friday, June 19, 2009

Just when I thought I heard it all

We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower.

He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.'

I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4.

He said, 'NO, it's not… Four is larger than two..'

We haven't used Sears repair since.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter.

She said, 'you gave me too much money.'

I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back.'

She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request.

I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said 'We're sorry but they could not do that kind of thing.'

The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change..

Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?'

To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?'

He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask.'

Happened in Birmingham, Alabama.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Re: McDonalds.
That exact thing happened to my Dad when the new Arby's opened up in Decatur. And to think, these people will probably reproduce one day. Maybe we should suggest this to our fine government: Upon graduating from High School, people should have to pass an exam to be issued a "Breeder's License". And if they fail, well, they get the Bob Barker treatment...

mzchief said...

I was depressed, seriously, for weeks after watching "Idiocracy". Thank you for again making me weep for the human race.

WE ARE DOOMED