Sunday, January 13, 2013

Don't quote the Bible if you
want to lead prayer at the
Presidential Inauguration!


Quoting the Holy Bible is now grounds to be dismissed from the inauguration of the President of the United States as was Atlanta Pastor Louie Giglio.

This journalist says the Bible is filled with things that "no one in America believes" and that "no one accepts all the teachings of the Bible, no one" (6:19 mark in video). 
Although much of Mr. O'Donnell's rhetoric may be accurate, I disagree with "no one in America believes" and "no one accepts all the teachings". 
How can any man know the heart, mind and beliefs of every American, every Christian? 
As an American, believing God exists and the Holy Bible is the true word of God is not the hard part for me.  The hard part was believing I needed God.  Yes, learning to love and trust Him, surrendering my will to Him and be obedient to His instructions, those precepts were my greatest adversity. 
Letting go of American culture of the pride of self-sufficiency, independence, individualism and intellect was much more difficult, and is a constant daily struggle.   
For me, believing is not near as difficult as is relying on His power, trusting His grace, being obedient to His word and staying engaged with Him.  These choices and actions seem to be where the great war for my heart and soul take place.   
It is no wonder Americans' despise religion, we don't like authority and we don't like being told how we are supposed to live.  Fortunately, history has shown there are consequences of rejecting God's authority... and history does repeat itself... 

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

I suppose it would go without saying that Larry O'Donnell doesn't speak on behalf of this American.

Anonymous said...

Just another mouthy MSNBC attempt to erase thousands of years of practical solutions to societies' ills. This is why I don't watch television anymore. More "dumbing down" of America.

If you believe it, there's some property next to the old Branch-Davidian church outside Waco I'd like to sell you.

One part I found to be especially humorous was the remark that gays were benevolent in their search for equal treatment. My business has been attacked fervently for my less than egalitarian views.

You know, how can this gay-hugger make those blanket statements about what all Americans believe, anyway? I saw where Traci Democrat said in the WCM that the majority of Americans believed some sort of gun control was needed and reasonable. These statements by the left are disingenuous and dishonest, but they don't know when to stop.

Lastly, I'd like to say that gay isn't gay. It's actually very queer in an extremely odd kind of way.