Saturday, September 29, 2012
Friday, September 28, 2012
”Barack Obama gets up every day thinking about Barack Obama.
And I think those of us who are his critics need to get over it and understand, this is who is president. This is a man who in the age of false celebrity-hood is sort of the perfect president because he's a false president. He's a guy who doesn't do the president's job. He's had 39 percent of the briefings on intelligence, the daily briefings. He goes to Las Vegas while there's an attack on Benghazi.”
Newt Gingrich in an interview with Greta Van Susteren.
Thursday, September 27, 2012
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Millions of seniors enrolled in some of the most popular Medicare prescription drug plans face double-digit premium hikes next year if they don't shop for a better deal, says a private firm that analyzes the highly competitive market.
Seven of the top 10 prescription plans are raising their premiums by 11 percent to 23 percent, according to a report this week by Avalere Health. Associated Press
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
IMF sends warning that it's cutting estimates on global growth. Blames "tepid recovery" in the United States. New York Times
~ ~ ~
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we ain't seen nothing yet. Once the new taxes and policies hit in January 2013, you will see our economy slowly spiral down the toilet; starting with more unemployment.
The federal government has spent $3 for every $1 in economic growth, once again showing the nation that government intervention and excessive taxation is an economic nightmare. Government cannot tax the country into growth, nor will their entitlement policies (healthcare reform, ect...) create jobs.
Hide and watch... DC
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
"There is no doubt that organs that can help somebody and have a survival benefit are being discarded every day." DR. DORRY SEGEV, a transplant surgeon at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
ST. PAUL — Last year, 4,720 people died while waiting for kidney transplants in the United States. And yet, as in each of the last five years, more than 2,600 kidneys were recovered from deceased donors and then discarded without being transplanted, government data show.
Those organs typically wound up in a research laboratory or medical waste incinerator. In many instances, organs that seemed promising for transplant based on the age and health of the donor were discovered to have problems that made them not viable.
The current process is made inefficient, they say, by an outdated computer matching program, stifling government oversight, the overreliance by doctors on inconclusive tests and even federal laws against age discrimination. The result is a system of medical rationing that arguably gives all candidates a fair shot at a transplant but that may not save as many lives as it could. New York Times
Monday, September 24, 2012
NEW ORLEANS - The audience reception for President Obama and Paul Ryan at Friday's AARP convention couldn't have differed more: Obama won cheers for discussing his signature health care law, while Ryan drew the most aggressively negative response he has faced as a GOP vice presidential candidate for vowing to repeal it. CBS News
~ ~ ~
WE will be told there are insufficient resources for younger people and it will be OUR duty to die. Then, a death panel will decline to pay for a life-saving procedure, thereby helping US carry out OUR duty…to die.
Talk about taking people out of retirement...
But, if you got the cash (aka: resources), you can privately pay the expenses, until you run out of money... Hide and watch! DC
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Please keep in mind that this "letter to Dr. Laura" was not verified when it hit the email circuit back in 2000. I post it now as a reminder that I cannot pick and choose and judge what old Jewish laws are to be followed. Albeit, God is clear on the type of human behavior He hates and what makes Him angry...
In her radio show, Dr Laura Schlesinger said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura, penned by a US resident, which was posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as informative:
Dear Dr. Laura:
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination ... End of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.
1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify Why can't I own Canadians?
2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of Menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?
7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?
8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help.
Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
Your adoring fan,
(It would be a damn shame if we couldn't own a Canadian.)