Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Great News! (for a change)
Hope it spreads like wildfire...


North Dakota Considers
Eliminating Property Tax

I would like to be able to know that my home, no matter what happens to my income or my life, is not going to be taken away from me because I can’t pay a tax,” said Susan Beehler, one in a group of North Dakotans who have pressed for an amendment to the state’s Constitution to end the property tax.
New York Times


This is how 'we the people' can change the way our government does business! In my opinion, the statement made above is the ultimate expression of how unfair this tax can be on elderly, unemployed and fixed income Americans. DC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Property taxes are just a way for the government to come and take your property at the first sign of you having some economic troubles. How cruel of a government to take your possesions at a time when you are most vulnerable. As it is, I will not be able to retire until my 70's just to keep the government off of my back.

Anonymous said...

If the government wants to be "on your back," they will find a way. Big government = way too much power and control of people's lives. What do you want anyway? Freedom or security? The little girls want security, the men want freedom. Freedom scares the little girls because they can't protect themselves and they need the government to strong-arm alpha males. Fairness? There isn't any. Never has been and never will be. Notice there is still a privileged class in communist countries.

Freedom, baby, that's all there is. Without it, we're not really human.