Saturday, January 22, 2011

Another dining review...

Okay, so I'm in Arlington, it's 8 pm & I'm hungry. I get on my trusty iPhone app "Where" and locate nearby buffets. I was intrigued by a place called "Sweet Tomatoes".

Upon arriving, it reminded me of a cross between Jason's Deli and the Golden Coral without meat or sandwiches. Being a ravenous carnivor, I was extremely concerned for the welfare of my tapeworm, but it was all you can eat.

I'm no health nut, but this place sure caters to them. Probably vegan heaven, and I don't trust those nasty vegan bastards! I want to see just one person not overeat at this joint! They give you small plates, which makes me just want to start with 4 plates just to show these people you don't try to short a Texan.

When I paid the bill, I told them I had never been there before, so they gave me a small bag of chocolate chip cookies and some coupons for the next time in. Mind you, I thought $13 was a bit pricey for soup and salad, but not after I saw the complete selection and tasted their food. They must use real ingredients for ingredients!

There were 3 different hot pasta dishes, 8 different soups (corn chowder was excellent), 2 types of focaccia (fancy word for pizza), baked potato, numerous types of breads, ice cream machine (yogurt actually) and any purchased drink included coffee after dinner.

I wouldn't make a special trip to Arlington to eat here, but when I'm in the area, I plan on giving my tapeworm some variety and stop back by. It's been a long time since I've had a great salad bar, and this is the best I've been to in quite some time.

I'm going home now and have some raw hamburger meat for desert!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My family loves Sweet Tomatoes, we eat there a couple of times a month. There are two other locations, one in Irving at 635 & McAurthur and the other one located in Addison at Beltline & the DNT.