Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The coolest iphone app(s) EVER!

Okay, so a buddy of mine tells me that his kid's computers get the internet from his iphone as a "wifi hotspot". Knowing this person as I do, (i.e. knows their sh!t) I followed instructions and downloaded a program that allowed me to "jailbreak" my phone. Jailbreak is the term used to break away from Apple's complete control over their operating system and the apps and content of my iphone.

Of course, being the anal investigator/questioner I am, I spent several hours researching the subject and its creator before embarking on this new adventure. And what an adventure it is.

Not only is my iphone now a wifi hotspot where ever it is located, I have a whole new supply of bada$$ apps available. One of my favs being the app that allows me to email a voicemail to whomever I choose.

You now have just enough information to make you dangerous, but if you feel the need to perform due dilligence, here's a good place to start. If you would like more discussion on the subject, get in line and take a number with me at denneycrane@yahoo.com

you're most welcome,

DC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not new been around forever if you have kids most people know. It's illegal and voids your warranty on the phone.

Anonymous said...

8:03, Better check your information.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-26/apple-iphone-users-have-u-s-blessing-to-jailbreak-add-own-applications.html