Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Rambling on...

Torrie Wilson
  • I realized something last night while Mrs. Crane was watching "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby, Danny Kay and Mitzi Gaynor... I hate showtunes! There is one exception, "Moulin Rouge", does that mean anything?

  • After reading a review on a book by celebrity author Dominick Dunne, published after his death, I put the word out on the street that I hope Santa believes my behavior would constitute it making my gift list. I could care less about “high society” and their “high crimes”, but I do so love non-fiction, drama and retribution; especially by an expert writer. I also am intrigued by what he has to say while awaiting his own death.

  • I have mixed feelings when someone publishes a book after they die that causes embarrassment, humiliation and scandal in the lives of others. My devious side loves a good "Count of Monte Cristo" story, especially if true. My compassionate nature is saddened by the pain people experience when their dirty secrets come to light, since I can't throw the first stone. I'm thankful I can take the Rocketman defense, "Wasn't me"!

  • Speaking of scandals, now that banks want to pay back the money they borrowed, isn't it highway robbery if the treasury keeps the money and spends it at their discretion? Further proof that our government will never, ever pay down the debt, much less give surplus funds back to the people!

  • The big boys are buying low, before the price jumps next year. Exxon is buying XTO for $31 billion just for their natural gas reserves. The timing should be perfect with the dollar deflating at the speed of light.

  • If the government would let them drill off our coastline, like China, Brazil and Russia is gearing up to do, we might not need foreign energy at all... Hell, Exxon should just buy a Russian or Chinese company so they can do it. They would save billions would in taxes, like Soros.

  • Speaking of the big boys, the President "pressured the heads of the nation’s biggest banks on Monday to take “extraordinary” steps to revive lending for small businesses and homeowners." Forcing banks to loan money... Isn't that how they destroyed the economy in the first place?

  • Why would banks want to loan money when they are making a fortune shorting the dollar?

  • Can the government tell business how to invest or spend their money? Who's money is it anyway?

  • If there was ever any question about how the government could get business to repay their loans, cap executive bonuses and they will find a way to get you paid!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a certain something about those old movies... Way before my time, maybe that's why I like them.

Anonymous said...

DC your pic of the morning beats Mr. Green's by a bunch!