Saturday, December 12, 2009

Rambling on...

Rachel Stevens
  • Pure genius, Tiger Woods quitting golf indefinitely. They will beg him to go on tour within 2 years and promote it as the biggest comeback in golf history. The hype will be worth $100 million easy.

  • Speaking of hype, I need to make a personal confession; I can't live with it any longer. I gave Tiger tail... fell in love with a sex machine and he left me for greener pastures.

  • I'm available for Oprah next Thursday through Christmas.

  • I can't believe some of the things I read these days. I mean really, how in the hell does a 98 year old woman kill her 100 year old roomate because she didn't like sharing her room. All women are da debil...

  • It doesn’t surprise me how many thousands of women in America have beautification procedures, but what does surprise me is how many so-called glamorous actresses have had plastic surgery and how they looked before… I couldn’t stop watching the slideshow!

  • Thursday afternoon at the Christmas party was the first time I experienced a "one hitter". I had no idea they made these specialty coffee makers that brew one damn good coffee at a time, and very quickly. Of course, it's just a novelty for me since the least amount of coffee I ever drink in a sitting is half a pot.

  • I occasionally toy with the idea of having hidden video cameras installed at my home and office, but never actually made a serious effort to investigate the options or costs. After watching this video of a homeless woman living above a guy’s kitchen, I am reevaluating my indecision.

  • And finally, the moment we have all been waiting for! Liberals admitting the fall of free enterprise in the insurance industry through 0bamacare. The Huffington Post published an article titled, "How a Few Private Health Insurers Are on the Way to Controlling Health Care". So much for competition in the marketplace...

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

Vis-à-vis the single dispense coffee brewer - those are probably the greatest invention ever to benefit the coffee services.

On the other hand, my opinion is that they're a poor choice for businesses. When I worked in Southlake, we got one of them (against my recommendation). It had 2 settings, 6 oz. and 8 oz. (I'm told some newer units have a third setting, but unless they use a different cartridge, it'd be a weak brew). Both were too small for most coffee mugs, including our organization's custom stoneware mugs. So, most of our customers used two cartridges. The cartridges are about $0.45 each.

While we carried about five types of coffee and a couple of teas, the mess from the used cartridges was a PIA, as well as constantly having to educate people on how to use the machine. And even with the variety, the coffee flavor wasn't 'all that'. I ended up bringing a Bunn unit from home for our breakroom, as the employees were asked to pony up for the cartridges (no charge for clients).

My recommendation was to buy three or four large cap air pots and a commercial brewer. The brewer would go in the breakroom, and the air pots would be deployed to the hospitality counter.

Anonymous said...

I love it when liberals stumble and accidentally trip over the truth...