Sunday, November 8, 2009

Very rare! My hero
is a female warrior!

This woman is my hero! Her name is Kimberly Munley and she is a fearless woman. I do so love Texas women!

'A police officer and mother of one was hailed a heroine yesterday after it emerged that she almost single handedly ended the massacre at America’s biggest military base.

Kimberly Munley does not look as if she would be much of a match for a heavily armed US soldier on a murderous rampage. But the slightly built 34-year-old civilian officer was first on the scene after Major Nidal Malik Hasan began firing on comrades at Ford Hood in Texas as they prepared to deploy to Afghanistan and Iraq.

Ms Munley succeeded in bringing him down by shooting him four times, even after being hit by a bullet that passed through both her legs, according to witnesses.

“It was an amazing and aggressive performance by this police officer,” said Lieutenant-General Robert Cone, Fort Hood’s commanding officer. “The critical factor here was her quick response to the situation.”

General Cone said her fearless response to the gunman had saved countless lives. Trained in active-response tactics, she rushed into the building where he was shooting, and confronted him directly. Officials confirmed that she had continued firing even after being hit.

General Cone said that Ms Munley’s actions demonstated that an aggressive response to a mass-shooting can save lives. “She walked up and engaged him ,” he said.' Times Online

I admire anyone who chooses to risk their life for their fellow man. I thank God for women like Ms. Munley. I doubt she will receive the recognition she so rightly deserves for her courageous actions, but I will never forget her. Hell, I think I'll send her a check for her kid's college fund to show my appreciation.

If I had one wish for her in all this, even though she shot him at him 4 times and hit him at least twice, I wish her accuracy was a little better... but I'm not complaining!!! I won't have to be reminded not to piss this woman off!



h/t Canadian Sentinel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome.
As King George said "How 'bout them cowgirls?"