Wednesday, June 24, 2009

An uneasy mind

I stayed up late Saturday night and watched the documentary, “Uncounted”. I was not pleased with what I watched. A million dollar voting computer programmer tells a story about how he created software to flip votes.

Others corroborate on black box voting irregularities. It wouldn’t be very hard to rig an election if a computer counts the votes. ATM’s don’t make many mistakes, but several people, including a hacker, can change the transaction.

This documentary infers the Republican Party achieved scandalous results in voting fraud in 2004. I will not say I don't believe it, but I would not put it past either party to win major elections at any cost. It makes me ill to wonder if elections in the US are not decided by voters, but by a few individuals with the power to push a few buttons.

You make the call...

1 comment:

RPM said...

I've been screaming "Diebold!!!" since '99. All that achieved was to get me painted a wacko "Librul" by conservatives.

When I saw this documentary a couple of years ago, it confirmed my worst fears.

If it's a computer, it can be hacked. That's why we need paper ballots to validate the results in a recount. (And a law that requires a complete and uninterrupted recount.)