Friday, May 15, 2009

The Hokey Pelosi



Polijam: Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich goes on a blistering attack of current House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for her handling of oversight on ‘enhanced interrogation techniques’ in an interview with ABC News Radio’s Marcus Wilson.

“I think this is the most despicable, dishonest and vicious political effort I’ve seen in my lifetime.”

“She is a trivial politician, viciously using partisanship for the narrowist of purposes, and she dishonors the Congress by her behavior.”

“Speaker Pelosi’s the big loser, because she either comes across as incompetent, or dishonest. Those are the only two defenses she’s got.”

“The fact is she either didn’t do her job, or she did do her job and she’s now afraid to tell the truth.”

“She can’t win either way. She’s either got to say to you: ‘Ya know, I didn’t understand.’ In which case she thinks she’s stupid. Or, in fact, she didn’t want to understand; in which case she’s frankly, pretty dishonest. Now I think that’s a pretty weak background for a Speaker to say: ‘Should I take the stupid defense or the dishonest defense?’ Which one do you think works better?
emphasis added by Denney Crane

P.S. Prediction: I believe a scandal about the Speaker of the House will be uncovered soon. Not even Mother Nature would call the CIA liars!

No comments: