Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Obama TV soundbites

Personal observation:
He’s wearing Johnny Depp eye shadow

I’m not going to lie to you

Do whatever is necessary

Invest in education, energy and reform

Budget that leads to save and invest

Secure and lasting prosperity

One nation, one people

I’m as angry as anybody

We’re all in this together

Economy moving once more

Look beyond short term interests

Moving forward

Stiff conditions in place

Folks are sacrificing

People are making adjustments large and small

Tough budgetary choices

Budget focus, health care, education, energy, long term growth

Ingenuity, innovation, market

Stabilize the economy

Work hard, look after your family, look after your community

We need the support of the American people

Compete in the international economy

We’ve got to drive our deficits down

I emphasize repeatedly

Systemic risk

We don’t have that right now

That’s why the authority is so important

We had identified a specific way to pay for it. If congress has better ideas in terms of how to pay for it, we’re happy to listen

Let’s get started now, we can’t wait.

Republican critics have a short memory

Folks aren’t disputing that

Assumptions about growth

Small differences

We won’t grow

Let’s make investments that insure growth

Cutting out wasteful spending

It is going to be an impossible task if we don’t

It’s going to take a whole host of adjustments

Are we growing as fast as we need to grow

The biggest problems we have, long term, is Medicare/Medicaid

A budget is a snap shot at what we can get done right now

We’re very serious on working on a bipartisan effort

Wasting taxpayer’s dollars

We’re not fattening defense contractors

Let's do a whole host of things

The alternative is to stand pat

We will continue to contract

The [budget] savings we anticipate will be coming outside the 10 year budget cycle we anticipate

I like to know what I'm talking about before I speak

Somebody's got to take leadership

Update regulations that date back to the 1930s

Restoring the sense of confidence

I think it's the right thing to do




The last statement did it... stick a fork in me, I'm done!




I have Tivo, so I made sure these were all accurate...


Denney Crane

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He makes me proud to be an American again.

You "old school" folks can walk off into the sunset. A new day of Change has indeed come.

I couldn't be more honored to have him as my President. God bless this great country.

Roadrunner said...

So what does it matter what he said; if his lips are moving, he's lying.

This man is the scariest person alive today I do believe!

Anonymous said...

What difference does it make what he said; if his lips are moving, he's lying.

This is the scariest man alive today IMHO.