Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Let me slip this in

On a personal note, I believe I may be putting too much information on some of my posts. It takes so much time to read and process much of the information; I hate being boring! Conscientious bloggers know that posting a good blog takes a lot of time, thought and information worthy of commentary. The quality of the information seems far more significant than the quantity.

As you have probably noticed, I disguise my political position with occasional humorous posts of satire and irrelevance/irreverence. Fortunately, I get most of my comedic material from the many emails I receive. Postworthy news comes much less easy. It's hard to read between the lines and find extrordinary news.

The average reader spends 1.75 minutes reading each of my posts. That tells me humor is much more effective than politics. Reality: politics is much more depressing than racy humor. Once again, I find myself experimenting with this blog to see how much the content and presentation matter.

I may be turning into a people pleaser; unbelievable!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denny,
Great blog. I am a frequenter of your site. I tend to enjoy quick and easy. I'm automatically turned off if it takes me more than about 10 seconds to read.

LandShark 5150 said...

"Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...It ain't over now. Cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me? Let's go. Come on!" John "Bluto" Blutarsky
If ya want me two cents before MaObama gets them is that you do a fine job mixin it up between the politics and the humor. So I say leave it be.